Emotional & Spiritual Support
We each walk through challenging seasons emotionally and spiritually.
We've posted some resources here to help a bit in your journey and, if you need some additional support, please connect with our care team.
During this season challenge yourself to ask:
- How can I lean into my community?
- How is God at work in this?
We believe that we're here to draw others into authentic Christian community and God is always working in our lives. Looking to make some connections? We have many groups and we'd love to have you join one.
Now, more than ever, challenge yourself to do these two things:
- Take care of yourself!
- Look for a way to serve your neighbor this week.
We cannot give away what we do not possess. Take time to nurture your own physical, spiritual and mental health. And then, look for ways to serve and encourage your neighbors.
Loudoun County Mental Health Resources
Loudoun County Mental Health Emergency Services: 703-777-0320
Loudoun Suicide Prevention: 703-777-0176
PRS CrisisLink: 703-527-4077 or text “Connect” to 85511
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
SAMHSA National Helpline: 800-662-HELP (800-662-4357)
Children's Regional Crisis Response: 844-627-4747 in English and Spanish
Resources for Stress, Anxiety, Depression & Grief
- Reflections: Three-minute reflections to pause, breathe, and refocus (by Curt Thompson, MD)
- Navigating Grief During COVID-19 (by Curt Thompson, MD)
- Five Things It's Okay to Do if Mother's Day is Hard for You (by Meg Walker)
- We also love many of the resources compiled by North Point Community Church in Atlanta.
resources for assessing depression & Anxiety
- The Depression Test and Bipolar Test
- Depression Questionnaire from Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Summit Counseling Center Mental Health Screening (Free Anonymous Online Screening)
- Anxiety Questionnaire from Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Resources to Grow Spiritually
Try one of the reading plans on the YouVersion Bible app on your phone. These plans are very convenient and easy to use. For those of you who are beginning with the Bible considering doing "The Bible: Explained."
Have you downloaded the app "The Chosen" on your phone or computer? The app is a set of episodes about Jesus - a dramatized version of his life. Many on our staff team have really enjoyed watching them.
Gateway has, for many years, practiced 7 healthy habits for spiritual growth as a church community. Learn more about them!
- Am I a Bad Parent? Stop Parenting Out of Guilt in a Time of Pandemic
- Parenting Anxious Kids in an Anxious Time
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic
- Anxiety Conversation Guides by age
- Practical Ideas to Create a Simple Sensory Diet for Restless, Homebound Kids: Improve the Mood in Your Home
Connect to Gateway's Prayer & Care Team
Gateway's care team can help connect you to counseling referrals and other resources for emotional health.